Friday, May 21, 2010

Perspective

When I want to feel close to God, there is a particular place I go to that's very sacred to me. I love this place and I've always been able to hear amazingly well while I'm there. This past week, I went back for the first time since having my second baby. I was shocked to find that I can no longer hear clearly at this place. I guess I thought God magnified my senses while I was there and allowed me to hear so well. But that is no longer the case. I was sad for about 3 minutes. Then I was blessed with incredible perspective.

I don't ever have to "hear" God. I can feel Him. He can speak in ways that my soul understands without my ears. And I felt His presence so strongly that it didn't matter that the sounds around me were mumbled and muted. Really, all that matters is that I make the choices that will allow me to continue to feel His presence and guidance. All the rest will take care of itself. I know He loves me and is guiding me in every moment of my life. And my life is so rich because of Him.

It's going to be okay.