Monday, November 26, 2012

Pandora is my Friend!

Music is so complicated.  I seriously don't understand how people can hear it clearly.  Especially when there are multiple instruments and/or voices.  It just might take the rest of my life to train my ear to music.  Good thing I've got a long life ahead of me ;)

I've learned some things about myself on this music journey.  I don't have the patience for slow songs.  I want a beat and I want the words to come fast.  Haha.  You likely would not believe it, but I have been caught listening to rap a time or two.  Pandora is AWESOME because I can follow the lyrics along with the song.  Don't worry, I skip the inappropriate ones.  I like country because it is simple.  One voice (usually) with few instruments and the songs are always about love or breakups of some sort.  I also really like Maroon 5 and Matchbox something or other.  I don't even know what genre they are.  Yep, I'm that clueless when it comes to music!  I like Taylor Swift but can only handle a couple of songs at a time.

As I type this, I'm listening to Nat King Cole Holiday station on Pandora.  I know a lot of Christmas music but the same conditions apply.  I like simple, clear lyrics that are not made complicated with a lot of instruments.  Maybe I'll be able to expand one day but for now I'm thrilled :)

If anyone out there can suggest groups that often sing with a fast beat AND clean lyrics, I would love to hear about them!

No comments: