Saturday, April 10, 2010

Comfort Audio Contego

This little device is my LIFESAVER. It's seriously the ONLY thing allowing me to work right now. It amplifies sound enough that I can hear in meetings, hear clients and hear other staff members. For some reason, all the staff I work with have super quiet voices. Must be the field or something. If you can only talk softly, become a social worker! The device is also helpful in talking with Evan. He doesn't have to repeat himself 100 times and I don't have to spend 350% of all my energy focusing on his face trying to lip read, hear, and cognitively fill in missing blanks. I need to use it more often with him though. I forget at home, we get used to our ways I guess. But at work, I won't walk into the building without it on, it's totally my crutch now. Love technology! I'm so, so, so hoping my new hearing aids will help me hear better with just aids and not additional devices.

No comments: