Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Del Taco

I know this might sound a little riduculous but when you are used to faking your way through much of life, you learn to appreciate every moment you don't have to fake.  One such moment occured in Del Taco tonight.  The kids got free kids meal coupons from their dentist.  When I placed their order, the cashier got the order wrong.  As she was repeating it back to me, I realized she only understood me ask for one kids meal instead of two.  I corrected her and gave her the coupons.  She told me they couldn't accept both.  I disagreed (kindly) with her and she checked with her manager.  Her manager approved it.  The kids and I went and found a table to sit at.  I heard an employee call out #41.  I went and got our food and totally got teary eyed.  In the grand scheme of things, an exchange about tacos doesn't have any signficance.  But when I realize that 3 months ago, I never would have realized she got the order wrong, I never would have figured out that I could use both coupons and I never would have gone to sit at a table and listen for our number to be called.  I would have stayed there at the counter and waited for our order.  Then I would have been frustrated that the order was wrong and I would have either just taken the wrong order or started the whole process over agin.  In the grand scheme of things, I am grateful for a successful exchange over tacos.