Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Resurrection

I met Evan when we were both missionaries in Chicago. After having served a 6 month assignment in "the city", I was being transferred to an 8 month assignment in "the suburbs." My soon to be companion, Sister Pearson, informed a fellow Elder in the area that a certain Sister Kone was coming. And Sister Kone had hearing problems. Elder Scoresby's first response, "she must be looking forward to the Resurrection" was how I was introduced to the man that would become my husband exactly six years later.

Evan says shortly after he met me, he had the distinct impression that I would one day be his wife. He never made my hearing an issue. Now, six years later, it's crazy to look at the charts and see how much I've lost in just a few years. I go through adjustment cycles with each major drop. Evan says he does the same. And then he reminds me- we are looking forward to the Resurrection. And he (as well as Sister Pearson) have compiled lists of things they are going to have me listen to. They want to be part of my wonderment when I hear perfectly.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Ah, the memories! Our meeting was no accident...it was all by design. Even though we are different in so many ways it's interesting how right we are for one another.

(I'm still compiling that list.)