Friday, May 4, 2012

Aversions

Alright, I just have to vent for a minute.  There is a sound I hate.  I am sorry to say it too.  I really try to be grateful for all sounds.  But I'm just struggling with a particular sound.  When I hear it, I want to yank the CI off my head and throw it in front of traffic.  Yes, the sound is that annoying.  Ready for the reveal?  Shopping carts.  Yep, it's true.  I can handle how one shopping cart sounds if it's being pushed at a normal pace.  But if it's being pushed fast, it's hard on my ears and head.  However, if I am near a store employee who is pushing several shopping carts at once..........auggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I would rather hear someone scrunching (is that a word?) up a plastic walmart bag than hearing the rattling and screeching of shopping carts (and that's saying a lot because plastic bags are really hard on me too).  When I hear it I feel like I am in the trenches of a war with the sounds of machine guns and bombs going off near my head.  I'm sure I'll adjust one day.

On a more positive note, I have a combined mapping/auditory therapy session tomorrow.  Unheard of in the CI world, my therapist and my audiologist are combining forces to give me the best Map ever!  I love my CI team.  But each Map is a new adjustment so we'll see.....

1 comment:

Lucky to be the mom said...

Ha! I love you! Yes, shopping carts and I are not happy friends...who knew!?!?!