Sunday, May 13, 2012

the SHOCK

Well guess what......we just got a letter in the mail from my insurance.  They approved my second CI surgery.  I have no idea on earth how that happened.  No idea.  I thought it would be months away.  I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it.  My poor husband is more shocked than I am.  He just keeps saying "I am not ready to do this again."  Haha.  Poor Evan's been through a lot with me.  So they are giving us until the end of the year to get it done.  We have some time to process and prepare for it.  No idea when we'll do it.  But we need to call our insurance and really make sure that's what they meant and what the co-pay is.  We are still paying on the last one and will be for a very, very long time.  It was more expensive than we anticipated.  All these fears have been popping up since I got the letter.  Isn't it funny how humans work?  We anticipate, we get excited, we want something and then boom, we get it and it freaks us out!  I don't feel completely ready to say goodbye to human voices yet.  But at the same time, what I get from an implant is so much more than what I get from a hearing aid.  So really, I don't want to waste a second of valuable training time to my left auditory nerve.  A new journey will soon be beginning!

1 comment:

Barb said...

A for Awesome!!!