Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happenings

Hello everyone!  I don't really have anything big to write about.  Things are good for the most part.  I don't think there are any new sounds or things that I'm hearing.  I don't always realize how well I am doing until someone points it out.  Especially Evan.  We were sitting at the computer the other night discussing finances.  He was giving me some numbers to type in.  After I typed them in, he commented that I heard him without looking at him.  I didn't even realize it but I was looking at the computer and typing in what he said instead of reading his lips.  I love moments like that.  This journey has really helped the communication in our marriage.  I'm grateful for that.

I'm the co-chair for Salt Lake City's Walk4Hearing.  This year is our third walk and our little planning group puts our souls into it.  My least favorite part is asking businesses to sponsor us.  I always ask my audiologist and I'm usually denied.  Last week, I went to see my audiologist (my hearing aid one, not the CI one) and I told him "This is the third year I've asked you to sponsor and this year I want you to sponsor us $100" instead of asking "Will you sponsor us?"  He said yes!  So maybe I should stop asking and just tell.  Haha.  Do any of you have any ideas of who I could ask to sponsor us?  I'm very open to suggestions!!

If you would like to learn more about the walk, click on this link: http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR?fr_id=1996&pg=entry

1 comment:

Lucky to be the mom said...

Oh, how I hate asking for sponsors! In any setting! I think asking for a specific amount is great! Good for you!
I'm walking now! I may even join your walk! (I'll have to look at the swim team schedule before I can commit) Just the thought of being able to participate excites me! I'm walking 4-5 miles several times a week :)
Hopefully I'll be able to join you...