Saturday, February 18, 2012

Repeating

The first session we had, my therapist told me my speech was excellent compared to what I have not been hearing. She also said some people would notice my speech changing slightly as I adjusted to the implant.  I've been told by three people these past two weeks that my speech is becoming clearer.  I didn't realize the differences would be that recognizable.  Apparently, I couldn't hear consonants before getting my CI. And when you stop hearing consonants you stop saying them.  And now I hear them again and can say them again. Incredible!

I've been told by two different people this weekend that they are rarely repeating themselves anymore in conversations with me.  They both observed that I am understanding a lot more in the initial conversation and asking for less repeats.  Fantastic!

3 comments:

ely said...

I think Kevin and I will be your final test in the sense that we haven't seen you forever and for us the difference will be huge!
Can't wait!

Aaron and Emily said...

I can't wait to have a conversation with you!

Lucky to be the mom said...

Tada! Fantastic indeed!