Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Day After

Kristel is doing great! She was able to fall asleep last night and slept the night through...so I thought. I told her to wake me if she woke and needed help getting to the bathroom or if she needed anything. I must have totally been out of it because I didn't hear her or wake the two times she got up - on her own! I was a little upset with that, but she said she felt good enough to do it on her own.

Today she's been more coherent, but still taking it easy. She's been asleep most of the day and only wakes to eat and take pain meds. She just told me that she's hearing a lot of ringing in her right ear (implant ear) and she believes the residual hearing is going bye bye in that ear from what she read about it.

Tonight we get to take off the dressings around her head, which will help make her a little more comfortable. Both the doctor and surgical center called today to follow up to make sure everything was okay. There was a possibility that the doc wanted to see her today, but since she's doing so well - no nausea or dizziness - we'll just be going in next week for the scheduled follow up. Her balance isn't even off!

I am glad the doctor recommended that I stay home today with her instead of going to work. Kristel is also glad and thankful for that, but I hate the fact of feeling bad for missing work! Which is why I hope my home-based internet marketing business prospers, but that's another post for another day on a different blog.

More to come...

1 comment:

ely said...

oh yeah, you could be a better nicer boss of yourself than verizon!