Monday, December 12, 2011

Why Cochlear Americas?

Several posts ago, I mentioned I was leaning towards Advanced Bionics.  That is no longer true.  I feel the choice is very personal.  I also feel no one, and I mean no one, should try to persuade you or force you to choose a particular brand.  And once you have decided, you should be supported.  That's my 2 cents.  And I felt it was necessary to say because if anyone on their own implant journey ever finds this blog, I want them to feel rest assured that which ever manufacturer they choose, it WILL be a good one.

Moving on.  I am choosing Cochler Americas.  This is what the system looks like:



Nucleus Freedom system

The major components of the Nucleus Freedom system are:
Cochlear implant (A)
Coil (B)
Sound processor (C)

This is how it works:

 







1 comment:

Barb said...

Awesome! Have you decided on one or both ears?