Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

Yesterday was a hard day.  I lost track of the goal.  But after some tears and a heart to heart with God, I'm back on track.

Today's been good.  I was able to tune out background noise for a few minutes to hear the kids breathing during their nap time.  I've always wanted to listen to my children breathing.  I'm grateful for my vision because I've always been able to see them breathing.  But it's a wonderful thing indeed to hear it :)

Thought I would be able to go back to work this week but ain't going to happen.  I did go to the office today for a couple of things and it was confirmed I am not ready to hear in that setting.  So since I am not working, I decided to work on deep cleaning.  Maybe for the first time in my life.  While cleaning under the microwave range tonight, the electric burner top pulled my magnet off my head.  Thankfully the burner was not hot.  My processor is fine.  But I thought it was funny.  I'm going to have to be careful around metal surfaces or that magnet is going to leave my head often!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I hope you come back to work soon! Don't worry if it takes longer, though. It sounds like you are doing SO great, and I am so glad you are having so much success with the device. And to pass the time, don't forget to tune it to the Bachelor Monday nights hahaha

Lucky to be the mom said...

Oh my! The things you don't realize you could be attached to...keep the magnet on your head :)

Breathing...wow, how amazing!
When I tell the kids about the things you're hearing, it often brings them to tears. You are loved!

I was wondering about work...whew, that sounds (punny pun pun!) seriously overwhelming. Take it easy, be careful.
XOXO

Daniela said...

Can understand the comfort that comes from hearing your children breathing - thrilled you can hear this already, it's such a soft sound!

Ah, fun with magnets. Reaching for something at the back of the refrigerator is probably my favorite. ;-)