Sunday, January 8, 2012

Background Noise

Apparently church is super, super loud.  That was a very hard 3 hours.  I tried and tried to use my mind powers (just discovered last night) to reduce that background noise and I couldn't.  I came home and crashed for 2 and a half hours.  Wore me out.  I have a new appreciation for hearing people who go to church and listen to the teachers and speakers despite all that racket.

Tonight, Evan was helping me practice with the Ling 6 (ahh, ooo, eee, mmmm, ssss, shhh) and I just couldn't get any of them.  We practiced two nights ago and I was doing really well with 5 of them.  Tonight I struggled with all of them.  Evan thinks it's because the dishwasher was running in the background.  I don't know but this is hard stuff.

Good thing I can do hard things!!!!  To fight discouragement I have to celebrate the small things.  The small thing today was recognizing Evan's foot steps coming down the hall.

2 comments:

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

Kristel, I just want to assure you that church is EXTREMELY loud even for hearing people. My first week in the ward (coming from a married student ward) I was overwhelmed. I couldn't hear the speakers. I couldn't focus on the Sacrament. It took several weeks to adjust. Our ward just has many little ones!

Also, every week I think about you all throughout Relief Society and more than once I have wanted to stand up and shout for someone to take their baby OUT because I know you don't have a prayer of hearing if I can't hear over the crying.

Church is so loud it will probably be one of the last things for you to master...maybe just before hearing a pin drop in a nuclear explosion.

Lucky to be the mom said...

Footsteps down the hall....what a glorious sound that too many of us take for granted!

I'm celebrating every step with you. You can do hard things...you're an amazing example to our family!

Hugs, cheers and lots of support from the Ferrins!